AmeriCU.org and MyAmeriCU.org TERMS and CONDITIONS
GRANTING ACCESS TO OTHER PEOPLE (SHARED ACCESS)
As the authenticated primary user of online banking, you have the ability to entitle another person or persons (sub-users) with access to your online banking site and with certain authorities with respect to your accounts. Shared Access includes view-only access, making transfers between designated accounts and initiating payments from designated accounts, granted individually or in combination. You have sole authority and control in sharing access with, managing and disabling sub-users and/or their respective authority. You authorize us to act on transaction instructions initiated under the credentials of an authenticated sub-user, just as if it was initiated under your credentials. When granting Shared Access, you assume total liability for any and all activities of a sub-user with respect to your accounts, and you agree to hold us harmless in any claim you make against a sub-user for breach of your agreement with said sub-user pursuant to Shared Access. Account Holders should closely and regularly monitor the activities of sub-users who access this service and notify AmeriCU Credit Union immediately if there is any reason to believe the security or confidentiality of the account has been breached.
Upon death of all accounts owners, the person(s) granted access (sub-users) will no longer be able to access account information.
This Shared Access feature provides access to information and the ability to transfer funds within Online Banking ONLY. Please contact AmeriCU Credit Union at (800) 388-2000 or (315) 356-3000 for account access options outside of Online Banking and for any additional questions about Shared Access.
These cookies do not collect personally identifiable information, and we do not combine information collected through cookies with other personal information to determine who you are or your email address.
Cookies are commonly used on websites and do not harm your system. By configuring your preferences or options in your browser, you determine if and how a cookie will be accepted.
We also offer online applications to our members for new or additional services. Any personal data or account information that you provide through MyAmeriCU.org – internet or mobile based, is encrypted in transmission for security purposes.
You may also contact us by phone, U.S. mail or by visiting your nearest AmeriCU financial center. See our Contact Us page for additional information about contacting us.
ELECTRONIC FUND TRANSFERS AGREEMENT AND DISCLOSURE
This Electronic Fund Transfers Agreement and Disclosure is the contract which covers your and our rights and responsibilities concerning the electronic fund transfers (EFT) services offered to you by AmeriCU Credit Union (“Credit Union”). In this Agreement, the words “you,” “your,” and “yours” mean those who sign the application or account card as applicants, joint owners, or any authorized users. The words “we,” “us,” and “our” mean the Credit Union. The word “account” means any one (1) or more share savings and checking accounts you have with the Credit Union. Electronic fund transfers are electronically initiated transfers of money from your account through the EFT services described below. By signing an application or account card for EFT services, signing your card, or using any service, each of you, jointly and severally, agree to the terms and conditions in this Agreement and any amendments for the EFT services offered. Furthermore, electronic fund transfers that meet the definition of remittance transfers are governed by 12 C.F.R. part 1005, subpart B-Requirements for remittance transfers, and consequently, terms of this agreement may vary for those types of transactions. A “remittance transfer” is an electronic transfer of funds of more than $15.00 which is requested by a sender and sent to a designated recipient in a foreign country by a remittance transfer provider. Terms applicable to such transactions may vary from those disclosed herein and will be disclosed to you at the time such services are requested and rendered in accordance with applicable law.
1. EFT SERVICES - If approved, you may conduct any one (1) or more of the EFT services offered by the Credit Union.
a. Visa Check Card. If approved, you may use your Visa® card to purchase goods and services from participating merchants. If you wish to pay for goods or services over the Internet, you may be required to provide card number security information before you will be permitted to complete the transaction. You agree that you will not use your card for any transaction that is illegal under applicable federal, state, or local law. Funds to cover your card purchases will be deducted from your account. For one-time debit card transactions, you must consent to the Credit Union’s overdraft protection plan in order for the transaction amount to be covered under the plan. *Without your consent, the Credit Union may not authorize and pay an overdraft resulting from these types of transactions. Services and fees for overdrafts are shown in the document the Credit Union uses to capture the member’s opt-in choice for overdraft protection and the Schedule of Fees and Charges.
*The Credit Union’s overdraft protection plan for one-time debit card transactions is not applicable to business accounts.
For other types of transactions, if the balance in your account is not sufficient to pay the transaction amount, the Credit Union may pay the amount and treat the transaction as a request to transfer funds from other deposit accounts, approved overdraft protection accounts, or loan accounts that you have established with the Credit Union. If you initiate a transaction that overdraws your account, you agree to make immediate payment of any overdrafts together with any service charges to the Credit Union. In the event of repeated overdrafts, the Credit Union may terminate all services under this Agreement. You may use your card and personal identification number (PIN) in ATMs of the Credit Union, NYCE, Cirrus, AFFN, Visa, Mastercard, Novus, and Quest networks, and such other machines or facilities as the Credit Union may designate. In addition, you may use your Visa card without a PIN for certain transactions on the Visa and NYCE networks. However, provisions of this Agreement relating only to Visa debit transactions, such as additional limits on your liability and streamlined error resolution procedures, do not apply to transactions processed through non-Visa networks. To initiate a Visa debit transaction, you may sign a receipt, provide a card number, or swipe or insert your card at a point-of-sale (POS) terminal and choose to route the transaction over a Visa network.
At the present time, you may also use your card to:
- Withdraw funds from your share savings and checking accounts.
- Transfer funds from your share savings and checking accounts.
- Obtain balance information for your share savings and checking accounts.
- Make loan payments from your share savings and checking accounts at certain proprietary (AmeriCU owned) ATMs and Kiosks.
- Cash an approved payroll check at certain proprietary (AmeriCU owned) ATMs and Kiosks.
- Purchase Official Checks at the Kiosk.
- Purchase by signature from merchants that accept Visa (for cards linked to checking accounts only).
- Make point-of-sale (POS) transactions with your card and personal identification number (PIN) to purchase goods or services at merchants that accept Visa (for cards linked to checking accounts only).
- Order goods or services by mail or telephone from places that accept Visa (for cards linked to checking accounts only).
- Make Visa cash advances at Financial Institutions that accept Visa (for cards linked to checking accounts only).
- Make 3rd party payments at merchants that accept Visa (for cards linked to checking accounts only).
For Fresh Start Checking and Fresh Start Basic Accounts –
- No Cash/Check Deposits are allowed to your share savings or checking accounts at proprietary
(AmeriCU owned) ATMs and Kiosks (instead, you need to visit an AmeriCU Financial Center teller)
- No Kiosk Official Checks allowed (instead, you need to visit an AmeriCU Financial Center teller)
- No card less Kiosk access allowed.
- You may withdraw and/or purchase up to a maximum of $2,000 in any one day from an ATM/Kiosk terminal, if there are sufficient funds in your account.
- You may transfer up to the available balance in your accounts at the time of the transfer
- Payroll checks at AmeriCU ATM/Kiosk: Up to $2,500 available with no hold on (approved) payroll list. Account must be in good standing with the Credit Union.
- Purchase by signature, 3rd party payments, POS (PIN) at merchants that accept Visa (for cards linked to checking accounts only) and Official Checks at the Kiosk have limits based on the type of account you have with AmeriCU.
For Fresh Start Checking and Fresh Start Basic Accounts -
- You may withdraw and/or purchase up to a maximum of $300 in any one day from an ATM/Kiosk terminal, if there are sufficient funds in your account.
Having a good address on our system is vital for AmeriCU Credit Union to be able to send monthly statements and/or contact you about your account. If we receive any statement back from the U.S. Postal Service that was undeliverable to the address on the system, your account will automatically be flagged for a "bad address". The system will automatically shut down your VISA Check Card until we receive a valid address from you in writing and with your signature.
b. HSA Checking. If you will be using your Visa® debit card to access a Health Savings Account (HSA), portions of this Agreement governed by Regulation E will not apply. A HSA account is defined by the IRS as a trust account, and therefore is not covered under Regulation E. But portions of this Agreement, such as Visa zero liability provisions for unauthorized use for example, do apply. Funds to cover your card purchases will be deducted from your HSA Checking account. You may use your card and personal identification number (PIN) in ATMs of the Credit Union, networks, and such other machines or facilities as the Credit Union may designate.
At the present time, you may also use your card to:
- You may withdraw and/or purchase up to a maximum of $2,000 in any one day from an ATM/kiosk terminal, if there are sufficient funds in your account.
- Your HSA debit card transactions may be limited at certain merchants.
- You may transfer up to the available balance in your accounts at the time of the transfer.
c. Telelink Service. If we approve Telelink Service for your accounts, a separate access code will be assigned to you. You must use your access code along with your account number to access your accounts. At the present time, you may use Telelink Service to:
Your accounts can be accessed under Telelink Service via a touch-tone telephone only. Telelink Service will be available for your convenience 24 hours per day. This service may be interrupted for a short time each day for data processing.
The Credit Union reserves the right to refuse any transaction which would draw upon insufficient funds, exceed a credit limit, lower an account below a required balance, or otherwise require us to increase our required reserve on the account. All checks are payable to you as a primary member and will be mailed to your address of record. The Credit Union may set other limits on the amount of any transaction, and you will be notified of those limits. The Credit Union may refuse to honor any transaction for which you do not have sufficient available verified funds. The service will discontinue if no transaction is entered after numerous unsuccessful attempts to enter a transaction and there may be limits on the duration of each telephone call.
- Direct Deposit. Upon instruction of (i) your employer, (ii) the Treasury Department or (iii) other financial institutions, the Credit Union will accept direct deposits of your paycheck or federal recurring payments, such as Social Security, to your share savings and/or checking account.
- Stop Payment Rights. If you have arranged in advance to make electronic fund transfers out of your account(s) for money you owe others, you may stop payment on preauthorized transfers from your account. You must notify us orally or in writing at any time up to three (3) business days before the scheduled date of the transfer. We may require written confirmation of the stop payment order to be made within 14 days of any oral notification. If we do not receive the written confirmation, the oral stop payment order shall cease to be binding 14 days after it has been made. A stop payment request may apply to a single transfer, multiple transfers, or all future transfers as directed by you, and will remain in effect unless you withdraw your request or all transfers subject to the request have been returned.
- Notice of Varying Amounts. If these regular payments may vary in amount, the person you are going to pay is required to tell you, ten (10) days before each payment, when it will be made and how much it will be. You may choose instead to get this notice only when the payment would differ by more than a certain amount from the previous payment or when the amount would fall outside certain limits that you set.
- Liability for Failure to Stop Payment of Preauthorized Transfers. If you order us to stop payment of a preauthorized transfer three (3) business days or more before the transfer is scheduled and we do not do so, we will be liable for your losses or damages.
e. Electronic Check Conversion/Electronic Returned Check Fees. If you pay for purchases or bills with a check or draft, you may authorize your check or draft to be converted to an electronic fund transfer. You may also authorize merchants or other payees to electronically debit your account for returned check fees. You are considered to have authorized these electronic fund transfers if you complete the transaction after being told (orally or by a notice posted or sent to you) that the transfer may be processed electronically or if you sign a written authorization.
f. Online Services. If we approve Online Services for your accounts, a separate User Name and password will be assigned to you. You must use your User Name and password along with your account number to access your accounts At the present time, you may use Online Services to:
- Determine if a particular item has cleared.
- Obtain tax information on amounts earned on share savings and checking accounts or interest paid on loan accounts.
Your accounts can be accessed under Online Services via personal computer. Online Services will be available for your convenience 24 hours per day. This service may be interrupted for a short time each day for data processing. We reserve the right to refuse any transaction which would draw upon insufficient funds, exceed a credit limit, lower an account below a required balance, or otherwise require us to increase our required reserve on the account. All checks are payable to you as a primary member and will be mailed to your address of record. We may set other limits on the amount of any transaction, and you will be notified of those limits. We may refuse to honor any transaction for which you do not have sufficient available verified funds. The service will discontinue if no transaction is entered after numerous unsuccessful attempts to enter a transaction and there may be limits on the duration of each access.
g. GoMobile. If we approve GoMobile for your accounts, a separate User Name and password will be assigned to you. You must use your User Name and password along with your account number to access your accounts. At the present time, you may use GoMobile to:
- Withdraw funds from your share savings, checking, loan, money market, and club accounts.
- Transfer funds from your share savings, checking, loan, money market, and club accounts.
- Obtain balance information for your share savings, checking, loan, IRA, money market, club, and certificate accounts.
- Make loan payments from your share savings, checking, money market, and club accounts.
- Access your VIP, Smartline, and Home Equity accounts.
- Determine if a particular item has cleared.
- Obtain tax information on amounts earned on share savings and checking accounts or interest paid on loan accounts.
- Verify the last date and amount of your payroll deposit.
- Make bill payments to participating companies. (not available on Fresh Start Checking or Fresh Start Basic accounts).
- Refer to the separate Smart Deposit Remote Deposit Capture Agreement for terms and conditions. (not available on Fresh Start Checking or Fresh Start Basic accounts).
Your accounts can be accessed under GoMobile via mobile device or other approved access device(s). GoMobile will be available for your convenience 24 hours per day. This service may be interrupted for a short time each day for data processing. We reserve the right to refuse any transaction which would draw upon insufficient funds, exceed a credit limit, lower an account below a required balance, or otherwise require us to increase our required reserve on the account. All checks are payable to you as a primary member and will be mailed to your address of record. We may set other limits on the amount of any transaction, and you will be notified of those limits. We may refuse to honor any transaction for which you do not have sufficient available verified funds. The service will discontinue if no transaction is entered after numerous unsuccessful attempts to enter a transaction and there may be limits on the duration of each access.
- There is no limit to the number of inquiries, transfers, or withdrawal requests you may make in any one (1) day.
h. AmeriCU Bill Pay. We will process bill payment transfer requests only to those creditors the Credit Union has designated in the User Instructions and such creditors as you authorize and for whom the Credit Union has the proper vendor code number. We will not process any bill payment transfer if the required transaction information is incomplete.
We will withdraw the designated funds from your checking account for bill payment transfer by the designated cutoff time on the date you schedule for payment. We will process your bill payment transfer within a designated number of days before the date you schedule for payment. You must allow sufficient time for vendors to process your payment after they receive a transfer from us. Please leave as much time as though you were sending your payment by mail. We cannot guarantee the time that any payment will be credited to your account by the vendor.
- The single payment limit is $9,999.99.
a. Ownership of Cards. Any card or other device which we supply to you is our property and must be returned to us, or to any person whom we authorize to act as our agent, or to any person who is authorized to honor the card, immediately according to instructions. The card may be repossessed at any time at our sole discretion without demand or notice. You cannot transfer your card or account to another person.
b. Honoring the Card. Neither we nor merchants authorized to honor the card will be responsible for the failure or refusal to honor the card or any other device we supply to you. If a merchant agrees to give you a refund or adjustment, you agree to accept a credit to your account in lieu of a cash refund.
Visa. Purchases and cash withdrawals made in foreign currencies will be debited from your account in U.S. dollars. The exchange rate between the transaction currency and the billing currency used for processing international transactions is a rate selected by Visa from a range of rates available in wholesale currency markets for the applicable central processing date, which rate may vary from the rate Visa itself receives or the government-mandated rate in effect for the applicable central processing date. The exchange rate used on the processing date may differ from the rate that would have been used on the purchase date or cardholder statement posting date.
A fee of 1.00% of the amount of the transaction, calculated in U.S. dollars, will be imposed on all multiple currency foreign transactions, including purchases, cash withdrawals and credits to your account. A fee of 0.80% of the amount of the transaction, calculated in U.S. dollars, will be imposed on all single currency foreign transactions, including purchases, cash withdrawals and credits to your account. A foreign transaction is any transaction that you complete or a merchant completes on your card outside of the United States, with the exception of U.S. military bases, U.S. territories, U.S. embassies or U.S. consulates.
d. Security of Access Code. You may use one (1) or more access codes with your electronic fund transfers. The access codes issued to you are for your security purposes. Any access codes issued to you are confidential and should not be disclosed to third parties or recorded on or with the card. You are responsible for safekeeping your access codes. You agree not to disclose or otherwise make your access codes available to anyone not authorized to sign on your accounts. If you authorize anyone to use your access codes that authority shall continue until you specifically revoke such authority by notifying the Credit Union. You understand that any joint owner you authorize to use an access code may withdraw or transfer funds from any of your accounts. If you fail to maintain the security of these access codes and the Credit Union suffers a loss, we may terminate your EFT services immediately.e. Joint Accounts. If any of your accounts accessed under this Agreement are joint accounts, all joint owners, including any authorized users, shall be bound by this Agreement and, alone and together, shall be responsible for all EFT transactions to or from any savings and checking or loan accounts as provided in this Agreement. Each joint account owner, without the consent of any other account owner, may, and is hereby authorized by every other joint account owner, make any transaction permitted under this Agreement. Each joint account owner is authorized to act for the other account owners, and the Credit Union may accept orders and instructions regarding any EFT transaction on any account from any joint account owner.
3. FEES AND CHARGES - There are certain fees and charges for EFT services. For a current listing of all applicable fees, see our current Schedule of Fees and Charges that was provided to you at the time you applied for or requested these electronic services. From time to time, the charges may be changed. We will notify you of any changes as required by applicable law.
If you use an ATM not operated by us, you may be charged a fee by the ATM operator and by any international, national, regional, or local network used in processing the transaction (and you may be charged a fee for a balance inquiry even if you do not complete a funds transfer). The ATM surcharge will be debited from your account if you elect to complete the transaction or continue with the balance inquiry.
4. MEMBER LIABILITY - You are responsible for all transactions you authorize using your EFT services under this Agreement. If you permit someone else to use an EFT service, your card or your access code, you are responsible for any transactions they authorize or conduct on any of your accounts.
TELL US AT ONCE if you believe your card or access code has been lost or stolen, if you believe someone has used your card or access code or otherwise accessed your accounts without your authority, or if you believe that an electronic fund transfer has been made without your permission using information from your check. Telephoning is the best way of keeping your possible losses down. You could lose all the money in your account (plus your maximum overdraft line-of-credit). If a transaction was made with your card or card number without your permission and was a Visa transaction, you will have no liability for the transaction, unless you were fraudulent or negligent in the handling of your account or card.
For all other EFT transactions involving your card or access code, including if you were negligent in the handling of your account or card, your liability for an unauthorized transaction is determined as follows. If you tell us within two (2) business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your card or access code, you can lose no more than $50.00 if someone used your card or access code without your permission. If you do NOT tell us within two (2) business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your card or access code and we can prove we could have stopped someone from using your card or access code without your permission if you had told us, you could lose as much as $500.00.
Also, if your statement shows transfers that you did not make including those made by card, access code or other means, TELL US AT ONCE. If you do not tell us within 60 days after the statement was mailed to you, you may not get back any money lost after the 60 days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from making the transfers if you had told us in time. If a good reason (such as a hospital stay) kept you from telling us, we will extend the time periods.
If you believe your card or access code has been lost or stolen or that someone has transferred or may transfer money from your accounts without your permission, call:
(800) 449-7728 or (800) 388-2000
or write to:
AmeriCU Credit Union
Attn: ATM/Debit Card Department
1916 Black River Blvd
Rome, NY 13440
Fax: (315) 356-3434
You should also call the number or write to the address listed above if you believe a transfer has been made using the information from your check without your permission.
a. Periodic Statements. Transfers and withdrawals made through any debit card transactions, HSA debit card transactions, audio response transactions, preauthorized EFTs, online/PC transactions, mobile access device transactions or bill payments you make will be recorded on your periodic statement. You will receive a statement monthly unless there is no transaction in a particular month. In any case, you will receive a statement at least quarterly.
b. Terminal Receipt. You can get a receipt at the time you make any transaction (except inquiries) involving your account using an ATM and/or point-of-sale (POS) terminal.
c. Direct Deposit. If you have arranged to have a direct deposit made to your account at least once every sixty (60) days from the same source and you do not receive a receipt (such as a pay stub), you can find out whether or not the deposit has been made by calling Telelink: (800) 232-4330 or (315) 337-4373 or visit www.americu.org or call the Member Service Center at (800) 388-2000 or (315) 356-3000. This does not apply to transactions occurring outside the United States.
6. ACCOUNT INFORMATION DISCLOSURE - We will disclose information to third parties about your account or the transfers you make:
- As necessary to complete transfers;
- To verify the existence of sufficient funds to cover specific transactions upon the request of a third party, such as a credit bureau or merchant;
- If your account is eligible for emergency cash and/or emergency card replacement services and you request such services, you agree that we may provide personal information about you and your account that is necessary to provide you with the requested service(s);
- To comply with government agency or court orders; or
- If you give us your written permission.
7. BUSINESS DAYS - Our business days are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
8. CREDIT UNION LIABILITY FOR FAILURE TO MAKE TRANSFERS - If we do not complete a transfer to or from your account on time or in the correct amount according to our agreement with you, we may be liable for your losses or damages. However, we will not be liable for direct or consequential damages in the following events:
- If, through no fault of ours, there is not enough money in your accounts to complete the transaction, if any funds in your accounts necessary to complete the transaction are held as uncollected funds pursuant to our Funds Availability Policy Disclosure, or if the transaction involves a loan request exceeding your credit limit.
- If the ATM where you are making the transfer does not have enough cash.
- If the ATM was not working properly and you knew about the problem when you started the transaction.
- If circumstances beyond our control (such as fire, flood, or power failure) prevent the transaction.
- If the money in your account is subject to legal process or other claim.
- If funds in your account are pledged as collateral or frozen because of a delinquent loan.
- If the error was caused by a system of any participating ATM network.
- If the electronic transfer is not completed as a result of your willful or negligent use of your card, access code, or any EFT facility for making such transfers.
- If the telephone or computer equipment you use to conduct audio response, online/PC, or mobile banking transactions is not working properly and you know or should have known about the breakdown when you started the transaction.
- If you have bill payment services, we can only confirm the amount, the participating merchant, and date of the bill payment transfer made by the Credit Union. For any other error or question you have involving the billing statement of the participating merchant, you must contact the merchant directly. We are not responsible for investigating such errors.
9. NOTICES - All notices from us will be effective when we have mailed them or delivered them to the appropriate address in the Credit Union’s records. Notices from you will be effective when received by the Credit Union at the address specified in this Agreement. We reserve the right to change the terms and conditions upon which this service is offered. We will mail notice to you at least 21 days before the effective date of any change. Use of this service is subject to existing regulations governing the Credit Union account and any future changes to those regulations.
- Be aware of your surroundings, particularly at night.
- Consider having someone accompany you when the ATM or night deposit facility is used after dark.
- Close the entry door of any ATM facility equipped with a door. Note that activity within an ATM is recorded by a surveillance camera.
- If another person is uncomfortably close to you at the time of your transaction, ask the person to step back before you complete your transaction. If it is after the regular hours of the financial institution and you are using an ATM, do not permit entrance to any person you do not know.
- Refrain from displaying your cash at the ATM or night deposit facility. As soon as your transaction is completed, place your money in your purse or wallet. Count the cash later in the safety of your car or home.
- If you notice anything suspicious at the ATM or night deposit facility, consider using another ATM or night deposit facility or coming back later. If you are in the middle of a transaction and you notice something suspicious, cancel the transaction, take your card or deposit envelope, and leave.
- If you are followed after making a transaction, go to the nearest public area where people are located.
- Do not write your personal identification number (PIN) or access code on your ATM card.
- Report all crimes to law enforcement officials immediately. If emergency assistance is needed, call the police from the nearest available public telephone.
- Please direct any comments or complaints regarding ATM security to the Credit Union or the New York State Department of Financial Services at (800) 342-3736.
10. BILLING ERRORS - In case of errors or questions about electronic fund transfers from your savings and checking accounts or if you need more information about a transfer on the statement or receipt, telephone us at the following number or send us a written notice to the following address as soon as you can. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent the FIRST statement on which the problem appears. Call us at:
or write to:
AmeriCU Credit Union
1916 Black River Blvd
Rome, NY 13440
Fax: (315) 356-3434
- Tell us your name and account number.
- Describe the electronic transfer you are unsure about and explain, as clearly as you can why you believe the Credit Union has made an error or why you need more information.
- Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error.
If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within ten (10) business days.
We will determine whether an error has occurred within ten (10)* business days after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to 45** days to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will credit your account within ten (10)* business days for the amount you think is in error so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within ten (10) business days, we may not credit your account.
We will tell you the results within three (3) business days after completing our investigation. If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation. You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation.
* If you give notice of an error within 30 days after you make the first deposit to your account, we will have 20 business days instead of ten (10) business days to investigate the error.
** If you give notice of an error within 30 days after you make the first deposit to your account, notice of an error involving a point-of-sale (POS) transaction, or notice of an error involving a transaction initiated outside the U.S., its possessions and territories, we will have 90 days instead of 45 days to investigate the error.
NOTE: If the error you assert is an unauthorized Visa transaction, other than a cash disbursement at an ATM, we will credit your account within five (5) business days unless we determine that the circumstances or your account history warrant a delay, in which case you will receive credit within ten (10) business days.
11. TERMINATION OF EFT SERVICES - You may terminate this Agreement or any EFT service under this Agreement at any time by notifying us in writing and stopping your use of your card and any access code. You must return all cards to the Credit Union. You also agree to notify any participating merchants that authority to make bill payment transfers has been revoked. We may also terminate this Agreement at any time by notifying you orally or in writing. If we terminate this Agreement, we may notify any participating merchants making preauthorized debits or credits to any of your accounts that this Agreement has been terminated and that we will not accept any further preauthorized transaction instructions. We may also program our computer not to accept your card or access code for any EFT service. Whether you or the Credit Union terminates this Agreement, the termination shall not affect your obligations under this Agreement for any electronic transactions made prior to termination.
12. GOVERNING LAW - This Agreement is governed by the bylaws of the Credit Union, federal laws and regulations, the laws and regulations of the state of New York, and local clearinghouse rules, as amended from time to time. Any disputes regarding this Agreement shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the court of the county in which the Credit Union is located.
13. ENFORCEMENT - You are liable to us for any losses, costs or expenses we incur resulting from your failure to follow this Agreement. You authorize us to deduct any such losses, costs or expenses from your account without prior notice to you. If we bring a legal action to collect any amount due under or to enforce this Agreement, we shall be entitled, subject to applicable law, to payment of reasonable attorney’s fees and costs, including fees on any appeal, bankruptcy proceedings, and any post judgment collection actions.